Today I’m writing about the eight most common mistakes not to do when starting a blog, and there is a lot of people writing some exciting blogging tips. I’m writing about the most common mistakes that we made when starting a new blog. I am going to deliver a lot of the high-value tips (from personal experience) to you by this article, and I’m excited to get started.8 Most Common Blogging Mistakes That Every New Blogger Make (avoid them) Click To Tweet
- When you start your first blog and do not stick with a Niche or do not start in a Niche that you’re not passionate about, if you try to force something in your writing is going to show even worse than that you’re going to end up building a job for yourself. A little story about a health-related blog that I started two years back and I spend a lot of money on it. But when I try to create actual content for it, I couldn’t do it because it was so incredibly annoying and just something like that I wasn’t interested in writing on that topic. So don’t start a blog on a niche that you are not passionate, remember a blog is just an extended conversation between you and your readers. It better be something you’re interested in, or it’s going to turn into a job for you quickly.
- Do not spend days perfecting your name and mission statement. I did this probably on every single day when I was new in blogging. Most of the spend days hunting down the perfect domain name and trying to get the ideal mission statement going in and the About Us page, just all this stuff that doesn’t matter. Dot Com is probably the best domain name I’ve thought of because everybody reads that just kind of laughs and it gives you a good feeling right off the right. I’ve made a lot of mistakes in the past, but the main one was I spent so much time trying to perfect what cannot be. My current blog name is FlywithPro, and this is not even related to any niche, yeah it’s easily forgettable by friends and family it’s not the best blog name but doesn’t matter because only the contents matters you create.
- Do not start your blog on free blogging platforms. Starting a blog for free sounds good but there are no free lunches. Guys don’t be a fool when companies do things like that the company needs to make money somehow. So if someone’s offering you a free blogging service that means they’re going to make some money and it’s not going to be fun for you on top of all that are having a blog like that looks unprofessional, it seems sloppy and doesn’t make a good first impression to your blog readers. A free blog not owned by you so the real owner can take it away from you anytime, and it’s a real waste of time because whenever your blog starts to become successful, you’re going to want to move it to your hosting and your domain. So don’t do that do not buy a lousy host. I host Flywithpro with A2 hosting and A2 hosting is just fantastic web-host I found online with A2 hosting you guys can start a blog for three dollars and 92 cents a month. It’s ridiculously cheap to get started with something that you are investing in and investing in your future, so I highly recommend A2 Hosting.
- Post at least three times a week, but if you write daily, that is my ideal. People stop visiting if you don’t consistently post new articles on your blog. Make sure your blog design is attractive and beautiful if you decide to use WordPress then you are on the right track. WordPress is the only a perfect blogging platform where you can blog with freedom and without any restrictions, because of all the tools available. I think there are almost 70 million active blogs are hosted on WordPress. Peoples who create plugins, different themes and stuff for your WordPress website aren’t continually being updated as well to match with these new techniques.
- Do not give up; I started out in this game with the aim of making money online. I was like 22 years old when I start blogging on blogspot.com, and it was my first blog online which I made with one of my friend help (but later it’s get deleted by Google due to some rules violations).
I never gave up; I just kept moving forward – it doesn’t matter whether it takes six years or six months to find your success in blogging. Focus on investing in yourself that way you can grow your income and expand the amount of money. Learn how to promote yourself on social media to create traffic to your blog. For every post you make, spend as much time on promotion. Facebook/Instagram/Twitter are powerful tools.
- Do not mix business expenses with personal expenses on your card. This happens to me as well; if you start mixing up these things, after checking your credit card statements you must say what was that?
Purchase from eBay? Oh yes, but it was that horror book or that red sweatshirt. The excellent point about having a personal blog is that you can write off all sorts of things. The sad thing about having a blog is it becomes easier to justify certain expenses, so be careful of the lifestyle growth things, whenever you start making money with your blog.
- Your audience loses interest if you spread your posts out too much regarding topics. I have spent dozens of hours furthering my education research into blogging because knowledge is the central power. Most of the new bloggers don’t stick with a specific niche they keep writing on different topics, this way they lost their audience. Stick to a single Niche, if you want to get success in your blogging career. I also mixed up one of my blog with too many topics, but later I focus on a perfect niche and gain a nice amount of traffic.
- Use photos to your advantage. These can be stock photos or taken yourself. These must be of high quality. Visuals are everything nowadays. You can pin them with Pinterest to gain more traffic to your blog. If you set a low-quality photo as featured image and later pin it with Pinterest, that will not attract to more people. Always use pictures related to your niche, which match with your article contents and title. I hope that this article is interesting, informational and will help you guys out in the future if you wouldn’t mind leaving a like a comment or subscribing to our blog. I would appreciate it.
- Blogging and SEO Tips: Finding the Right Keywords
- How To Write an Attractive Blog Post in 7 Easy Steps
- 10 Ironclad Blogging Tips That Really Work