How to Stop Spam Comment on WordPress Blog: Are you tried by receiving a lot of spammy comments on your WordPress blog? In this article, you will learn how to control comment spam on WordPress blog. Nowadays blogs and websites are a very good source of information and entertainment. In fact, many people try setting up their WordPress Blog and websites for advertising, monetizing, marketing, or promoting. Do you want to start your own blog and want to earn some decent money then read: Earn Money From Your WordPress Blog. The sad reality is that maintaining a WordPress Blog or website, but it’s not an easy task. One of the most frequent problems is how to stop comment spam on WordPress blog or website. Comment spam isn’t good for your blog. Controlling comment spam on your WordPress blog could be a difficult task for you. Today I am going to share with you how I control comment spam on my WordPress blog, and I hope you will find it useful.
If you’re using a WordPress blog or website, there are many ways in which you can stop spam. Please note that you may never be able to stop spam on your blog entirely, but you can reduce it with little effort.
Let’s see how to do it?
- Reduce the number of links on your blog, by reducing the number of links on your WordPress blog; you are also reducing spam. Spam would quickly come in the form of links posted through comments. It’s hard to manage it, but you can try.
[Here’s a special tip- under the blog site’s settings, see to it that you only limit the number of links WordPress can hold. You can even restrict this to just one]
- Spammers can post spam easily in the comments and links in your blog. So to stop them, why not require users to register first before you can let them post their comments?
Another way to make sure that you post legitimate comments is to allow only those users whose comments approved previously. WordPress contains settings that enable it to approve comments automatically or manually. Think of this as a strategy for blocking spammers from your blog.
- Another frequent issue you may experience in your WordPress blog is the event of spam through comments. So as much as possible, close comments after a particular time. You can adjust the term how long comments will appear on your WordPress blog post through its settings; say five to six days only.
- Finally, to reduce spam on your Website or blog, you can block those blogs, websites, and emails containing spam or those which are potential sources of spam. Try to check your blog on a regular basis so that you can block spam before they increase. You can do it by making a few changes to your WordPress blog settings.
- There are a considerable amount of plugins that can help you to control the spam; popular spam control plugins include:
- Google Invisible reCaptcha
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Bad Behavior
- Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin
These plugins can help you to stop spam comments on the WordPress Blog. Try them. You can only maintain your blog’s quality if you successfully reduce the spam. So if you want to drive more traffic to your blog, you can apply these tips on your WordPress blog or website. By following this method, you can reduce spam significantly, do let me know of any other way that can be used to reduce spam on a blog using the comment form below.
- How to Install WordPress [Step By Step Guide]
- Top 26 Free Website Hosting 2019
- 16 Free WordPress Hosting Websites 2019