Affiliate marketing has always played an important role in the growth of most of the big brands. For example, Amazon launched its affiliate program just after 2-3 years of its launch and now after more than 20 years the Affiliate program is still running successfully and in these 20 years, this has played an important role in the success of Amazon.
Not only Amazon, but Affiliate program has played a major role in the success of many other brands as well.
How To Launch an Affiliate Program For Your Website Click To Tweet
In this post, we will talk about How you can launch an Affiliate program for your store with ShareASale and some other third-party services and get more leads for your online business.
Before proceeding further, Let me quickly explain to you what is an Affiliate program so that those who don’t know about it get their thoughts clear.
Affiliate programs are just like referral programs. In an Affiliate program, you hire some influencers/affiliates. They start promoting your products/services through Blog posts, Social media marketing and through various other methods and bring you leads.
When these leads get converted to sales and they bring you a client successfully you pay them a commission for every sale in return. ( Some companies pay their Affiliates for generating leads and sales both )
Hence, Affiliate programs help you grow your business. There are some other benefits of running an Affiliate program for your business which we have discussed below.
Additional Benefits of Running an Affiliate Program:
- You pay only when someone generates your sales. Hence If some affiliate does not make you any money you do not need to pay them anything as well and that is really a good thing.
- Your business gets more reach an audience when you launch an Affiliate program. Especially if you pay high commissions you can really expect a good response.
Please note, there are two ways through which you can launch an Affiliate program. Both of them are discussed below:-
- Launching a personal Affiliate program for your business
- Launching an Affiliate program using a third party network
- Launching a personal Affiliate program for your business: Through this method, you get a personal Affiliate program developed for your business with help of some developers. If you are not a techie you are never referred to follow this approach because it’s going to be time-consuming and a costly hectic process. Moreover once even you launch an Affiliate program for your business, later you will need to contact influencers and Affiliates personally as you will not have any records ( or details ) of influencers with you. Moreover, you will face many other such issues…
Hence, this method is only preferred if you are a big brand like Amazon.
- Launching an Affiliate program using a third party network: There are many third party networks like ( ShareASale and Growsumo ) where you can just register, pay the fees and launch the Affiliate program directly. If you are a non-techie and you don’t want to hire someone to manage your Affiliate program this is the best approach. Moreover, it is a time saving and effortless approach which anyone can follow. These third-party networks already have many influencers and Bloggers in contact so you not need to worry about anything.
Hence, this method is preferred most of the times. Even big brands are also shifting their personal Affiliate programs to these third-party networks to save time and reach more influencers.
Now, Let us talk about How you can launch your Affiliate program with these third-party networks quickly.
Start Your Blogging Career From Today [Beginner’s Guide]
Complete Process to Launch An Affiliate Program
With Third Party Networks:-
The major reason behind choosing ShareASale is that they have a lot of registered quality Affiliates with them. Usually, most of the Top Bloggers are registered with ShareASale and Hence if you launch your Affiliate program with them you can reach to a lot of popular influencers easily.
For example, If you are a Shopify Store Owner, you can launch an Affiliate program with some plugins and apps available at Shopify store but the thing is you will face problem while bringing Affiliates and influencers to your store while if you launch an Affiliate program with ShareASale there is no such issue.
Moreover, there is no need to have any technical expertise for this. You have to just visit ShareASale and follow the following steps:
- Visit ShareASale.com and signup as a merchant by clicking on I want to be one of these merchants.
- The program is based on real-time tracking and it is advised to do read the full details of their guide. You can visit this link for that: ShareASale Guide
- Once you have got the entire knowledge about the program you can signup, confirm your email account and pay the one-time recurring fees and the minimum deposits.
- You will be provided with the welcome kit by their team and on approval, your program will be started.
Please note the one-time fees is the fees taken as a security plus the setup fees. ShareASale takes all this money as they further use this same money to pay affiliates who bring you leads.
Note once you launch an Affiliate program, make a page about it on your website. You can link that page to your Shareasale affiliate program page.
Important points to keep in mind:
- Do not set auto-approval for affiliates and review every application manually if possible.
- Do launch a pay-per-sale affiliate program if you have fewer budgets. A pay-per-lead program is good for sites with better budgets.
Please note big brands like Logojoy, Evernote etc. are already running their Affiliate program with Growsumo so Growsumo is surely a good alternative to ShareASale.
What is a Blogging Platform and How to Make Money Blogging
7 Brilliant Strategies To Increase More Traffic To Your Blog
Hope this helps!
I am sure you have enjoyed reading this guide. If you have some queries you can ask them in comments.
( About the author: This is a guest post written by Blogging Surgeon who is a Blogger at Bloggingsurgery.com and writes about Digital Marketing, Blogging and Online money making. You can also look for various coupons and hosting deals at his Blog under section Mr. Relief. )