Do you want to Start a Blog with proper SEO? Okay let’s start,
Blogging is the perfect way to raise awareness of you and your company as subject matter experts, no matter what industry you represent. When potential customers visit your site in order to get their questions answered, they’ll remember you, and turn to you the next time they need a good or service you provide. There are many approaches that you can take to blogging, and some of them are more useful than others. What are some of the top tips and tricks to blogging effectively?
Search engine optimization (SEO) involves a range of design and content choices that drive customers to your site. The goal of SEO is to take advantage of how search engine algorithms work so that your company’s website shows up on the first search engine results page (SERP).
- Blog design: If users leave your blog immediately because it is difficult to navigate or contains too many elements, your bounce rate will suffer. Search engines measure your bounce rate. A high bounce rate can significantly hurt your SEO. Make sure that the structure and design of the site that hosts your blog works on both desktop and mobile and welcomes visitors effectively. Simple, elegant blog design is best to start with. You can always get more complicated later on.
- Keywords: Search engines do take note of which words you use, and whether those match what internet users are looking for. In this way, keywords are a key part of SEO, but they are often overrated. Make sure you don’t “stuff” lots of keywords into your blog. Instead, use groups of keywords organically.
- Internal links: Internal links are one of the easiest ways to improve SEO and drive internet user traffic to your blog. Linking from one post of your blog to another shows search engines (and users) that the content on your site is worthwhile. The easiest way to build internal links is by topic. If you’re writing a post about a topic that’s already been referenced in another blog, you can provide users with an embedded link right in the post. Make sure to avoid overdoing this; again, search engines will know if you’re trying to manipulate the system, or whether your content is organic.
- External links: This one can be a bit trickier, but it can pay off in the long-term. When other sites link to your blog, it improves credibility. Not only can these links channel users to your posts who may not have visited otherwise, but they help your SEO. There are lots of ways to create external links. One of the easiest ways is to connect with other bloggers in your field and ask if you can “guest post.” In your guest post, you can embed a link to your own blog. Don’t forget to return the favor!
SEO best practices change all the time because the search engine algorithms change. High-traffic blogs use these principles along with a good dose of trial and error in order to find what works for them. Make sure to take advantage of the analytics your web host offers so that you can analyze the numbers of visitors, bounce rate, and overall effectiveness of your site.
One of the most valuable pieces of advice for new bloggers is to create quality content. If your blog consists of a bunch of filler or long, rambling points without much substance, you won’t find visitors returning week after week.
Related: The Nine Ingredients That Make Great Content
The most effective bloggers measure which topics visitors respond to. Then, they create more of that type of content. Do your visitors like top 10 lists? Anecdotes about successes and failures in the field? Deep dives into technical topics? How-to guides? It’s up to you, as the blogger, to create the kind of quality content that works for your field. This is the fun part: figuring out how to connect with readers.
- Start Your Blogging Career From Today [Beginner’s Guide]
- Blogging and SEO Tips: Finding the Right Keywords